May 10 to 29
Mainland – May 11 to 18
• 4 nights in Lisbon, 1 night in Urgeiriça and 2 nights in Porto
• Palmela and Sesimbra castles, Setubal, Serra da Arrábida, Medieval Town of Óbidos,
• Monument to Cristo Rei (Christ the king monument) and the most spectacular view over Lisbon
• Cascais, Estoril and Belem (Monastery of Jerónimos)
• Cerimonies of Fátima, altar of the world (on May 12th Candelight procession)
• May 13th closing of the impressive cerimonies
• Province of Minho, Guimarães (the craddle of Portugal)
• Braga, once the seat of archbishops for all iberic peninsula, 15 centuries of history
• Porto city tour, visit of a wine cellar in Vila Nova de Gáia (including wine tasting)
• Visit to a famous and modern wine cellar. Enjoy a wine a tasting overlooking a breathtaking scenery of the Douro River
• Cruise the best section of the river, the “DOURO VINHATEIRO”, including cocktail and lunch on board
• Eagle eye view of Portugal from the very top of the highest mountain of Serra da estrela.
Madeira: The Pearl of the Atlantic – May 18 to 23
• 5 nights in a excellent 5* hotel in Funchal,
• Day tour to the western side of the island (including lunch)
• Day tour to the eastern side of the island (including lunch)
• Night tour and dinner show (Folk dances)
Highlights: Câmara de Lobos, Cabo Girão, Véu da Noiva, São Vicente, Encumeada, Serra D’água, Poiso, Pico do Areeiro, Portela, Santana and Typical Houses, Machico (the first capital of Madeira), Camacha, center of wicker craft , night eye bird view of the beautiful city of Funchal.
Azores: The Green Island – May 23 TO 29
• 6 nights in a very good touristic 3* hotel within walking distance to the festivities
• Day tour to Lake of Fogo and Furnas Valley ´Beauty, Peace and refreshment separates the fire of the earth and the blue of the sky´ (including a typical lunch cooked in the hot spring and stop at the tea plantations)
• Day tour to Twin Lakes of Sete Cidades and pineapple plantations,
• Day tour to Nordeste, where man and nature merge together and visitors are welcome with flowers, cocktail reception followed by lunch.
Airline ticket (Boston x Lisbon x Funchal x Ponta Delgada x Boston),
Round trip transfers airport x hotel x airport,
Superior touristic three star hotel, four and five stars Hotels
7 nights in Mainland, 5 nights in the Pearl of the Atlantic and 6 nights in the Green Island
Free porterage at all hotels (1 bag person)
Cardoso Travel express check in at hotels
33 meals: 18 Full Buffet breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners and 3 inflight meals,
Admission to wine cellars and monuments to be visited.
All taxes and tips, except the costumary tips to driver and guide.
Service of an English and Portuguese speaking tour Director.
Affordable travel insurance available (optional).
Price: $4,198.00 per person in double occupancy (plus taxes: $185.00 approx.)