May 7 to 22, 2020
Mainland – May 8 to 15
• 7 nights of hotel
• Medieval Town of Óbidos
• Evora, capital city of Alentejo and visit modern wine cellar and medieval town of Monserraz
• Monument to Cristo Rei (Christ the king monument) and the most spectacular view over Lisbon
• Cascais, Estoril and Belem (Monastery of Jerónimos)
• Cerimonies of Fátima, altar of the world (on May 12th Candelight procession)
• May 13th closing of the impressive cerimonies
• Province of Minho, Guimarães (the craddle of Portugal) and Viana do Castelo
• Braga, once the seat of archbishops for all iberic peninsula, 15 centuries of history
• Porto city tour, visit of a wine cellar in Vila Nova de Gáia (including wine tasting)
• Visit to a famous and modern wine cellar. Enjoy a wine tasting, overlooking a breathtaking scenery of the Douro River
• Cruise the best section of the river, the “DOURO VINHATEIRO”, includes cocktail and lunch on board
• Eagle eye view of Portugal from the very top of the highest mountain of Serra da Estrela.
Azores: The Green Island – May 15 to 22
• 7 nights in a very good touristic 3* hotel within walking distance to the festivities
• Day tour to Lake of Fogo and Furnas Valley ´Beauty, Peace and refreshment separates the fire of the earth and the blue of the sky´ (including a typical lunch cooked in the hot spring and stop at the tea plantations)
• Day tour to Twin Lakes of Sete Cidades and pineapple plantations,
• Day tour to Nordeste, where man and nature merge together and visitors are welcome with flowers, cocktail reception followed by lunch.
Airline ticket (Boston x Porto x Lisbon x Ponta Delgada x Boston),
Round trip transfers airport x hotel x airport,
Superior touristic 3 or 4 stars hotel
Free porterage at all hotels (1 bag person)
Cardoso Travel express check in at hotels
33 meals: 14 Full Buffet breakfasts, 9 lunches and 2 inflight meals.
Admission to wine cellars and monuments to be visited.
All taxes and tips, except the customary tips to driver and guide.
Service of an English and Portuguese speaking tour Director.
Affordable travel insurance available (optional).
Price: $3,999 + taxes
Book and make a deposit in January and save $200 per couple